Matt Henderson of Makalu shares his thoughts on pricing technical services work in this post from his firm’s blog:
When I started Makalu, over a decade ago, I remember longing for a user’s manual to help with questions like, “How much should I charge?” and “How should I price my work?” This article describes how we approached these questions, and includes discussion of the recent controversy over the pricing of the 37signals’s (@37signals) blog redesign project.On the pricing of services work – Matt Henderson
He hits on:
- Determination of a minimum hourly rate
- Making adjustments according to supply and demand
- But what about the others?
- Hourly or project? Effort or value?
- But what about value pricing?